Saturday, November 6, 2010

Steampunk Aether Rifle adding detail

The rifle is coming along.  For me and for what I'm doing with Frahnknshtyne, the visuals need to have a kind of grounded reality while delivering high fantasy and a sense of hand craft.  I'm working to steer clear of anime influenced shapes and instead am dipping deep into pre and post industrial world culture.  The background is temporary and the vignette of the ammunition isn't yet in place.  I'm toying with putting the owner of the gun, a beautiful but scarred brilliant woman turned assassin, in ghosted into the background using the rifle.


1 comment:

  1. This gun and the idea behind it is brilliant.
    Kinda stumbled on your blog- but its great to see someone who really thinks about their designs.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other artists and fans.